Sunday, September 23, 2012

Au revoir to Another Imaginary Trip to 'la Ville Lumière'

I just posted my final assignment from my 'Trip to Paris'.  I can't wait to travel with Laure on a real trip to Paris or anywhere else for that matter.  If anyone is interested in taking a GREAT, online, watercolor sketching/journaling class this is the one! I also can't believe I am posting this sketch outside the safety net of a class.  Our assignment was to sketch some of the icons of Paris using a marker/pencil keeping in mind that if we were on a real trip we probably would only have about 20 minutes at each location to get the basics of the sketch down before we would be moving on to another tourist landmark. I acutally got this finished in about 30 minutes.

Finally headed to New Orleans tomorrow am. We are a week late as the weather just wouldn't cooperate for us to fly not to mention the jump in hotel rates for the weekend and me spending a few hours in the ER due to food poisoning. Looks like we'll have clear skies all the way down.  I'll be doing a lot of sketching, eating, and enjoying warm weather on the beaches of the gulf coast. Al will be doing some poker playin'.  It supposed to get to the upper 30s tonight in Holland but then warm up a bit. Weather in NO: Warm, sunny H's upper 80; L's mid 70's. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment