Saturday, October 13, 2012

Abita Beer, Shrimp&Grits and Memories


I've spent lots of hours this week making art. These are a couple of sketches that I just  had to finish. I enjoy the taste of good beer and Abita (1986) has become one of my favorites. This is a local beer produced about 30 miles north of  NO. The other thing that I found enjoyable was the open container law in NO. With the exception of after midnight party revelers, the people who drink (and those who don't) in NO are quite civilized. This is also the beer that is primarily drunk in the HBO series Treme. OK it's a good advertisement. I get it.
The latest assignment for my Imiganiary Trip to NOLA (made real for me by Hubby) was to sketch food. I chose to post a sketch of the wonderful dinner that I had at LaBayou. Shrimp and Grits Napoleon. Fried green tomatoes stacked on creamy southern grits surrounded by gulf shrimp drizzled with a Bourbon St. Cream sauce, it’s too good to be true!  YUMMMM!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know of many folks outside of the South that like grits let alone fried green tomatoes...didn't I read somewhere that you're a Southern girl transplanted to Michigan?

    Love the sketches!

    ReplyDelete