Monday, October 15, 2012

October in Holland =

October (and the next 5 months)  in Holland and most of west Michigan equals rain, dreariness, cold temps with a splash of sun every once in a while...maybe. This is a picture of Lake Michigan I took a few days ago and it just says it all. Our fall colors are almost gone, in fact most trees have reached their peak. It's raining again today so I've spent most of the morning making Art and rearranging/cleaning my 'studio'...(corner of the living room). Wed. should be sunny so a friend and I are going to take our kayaks out for one last paddle out to the lake.

I'm still creating a few more journal pages from some of the pictures I took and sketched while traveling. I am particularly in love with my musician.One (of many) of the things I really need to work on is my composition.  I just get this image in my head and have to go with it and usually don't plan...Gotta stop that...Can you see the pencil lines under the shutters?  Obviously they were an after thought and I needed to fill some wall space.

No comments:

Post a Comment