Saturday, October 6, 2012

Back in Chilly Holland

Had a wonderful time traveling to New Orleans and Biloxi for a few days. The weather was great except for the last two days. It rained but it wasn't cold like it can be in Holland. I am still catching up with laundry, unpacking and getting my sketches and photos organized. I'll be posting more soon.

My first adventure was to visit Mardi Gras World...a working museum. I got a private tour because no one else showed up for the 9:30am tour.  90% of the floats used in the Mardi Gras parades are built here. There is a height restriction of 18 feet but no length requirement. Some of the floats actually have restrooms on them as the people riding on the floats are on them for 8+ hours. After the tour I was invited to have a piece of King Cake. 

3 comments:

  1. Look at you and all your "loot!" Looks like a fun time! I recognize the Raggedy Ann head, but all the other float parts appear to be different than what we saw. Look forward to your sketches and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laure. Those are some of the heads that will be used in next year's ('13) Mardi Gras parades.

    ReplyDelete