Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Darby and the Peanut Butter Jar

Let me introduce you to this cute little one. We have had the pleasure of sharing our home with this cute little Dachshund for about 5 years. We got him from the Ohio Dachshund Rescue. This little dog has been such a joy for us. He is one of the naughtiest/cutest little dogs I've ever had. He is part Dachshund, part Jack Russel. In his short life he has been paralyzed in his hind quarters and recovered and has had knee surgery. He has such a love for life. The people that 'turned' him in to the rescue said that he had been on the run with a border collie for about 6 weeks before they could catch them. They also think that he was from a puppy mill and a pet shop in a mall was broken into and these guys were turned loose. We had already rescued another Dachshund and we wanted another buddy.
I happen to like peanut butter and I do eat it with a spoon...forget that spread it on the bread stuff. Let's just go for it!  Well, I left the jar sitting on the end table while I went to get something in the kitchen.  When I returned, this is what I saw. He had moved the jar to the couch for a more convenient place to enjoy the pnbutter.  I haven't found the spoon yet.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a story! Sounds like he knows to grab a good thing when he has the chance!

    ReplyDelete